Wild about Wallaces

It's been an interesting week this week. Three of our Pedigee Highland cows have calved, and can you believe it, three of our Bison cows have calved as well. The season might be very late, but we've only ever had one bison born in april before. Three born in two days is amazing. It's been great to have so much sunshine in april, but it's been so cold at night, so our grass is only just starting to grow now, especially now it's rained properly for the first time in a while.


I nearly came a cropper tonight! Blackfoot, the huge bull bison chased the quad bike and trailer around the field, probably because I had some apples in my pocket, and he wouldn't let me get away. Every time I stopped, he made like he was going to smash the quad bike up, infact, he did manage to rip one of the mudguards off. What do you think folks, do you think my insurance company would pay out if I told them that my Bison bull had wrecked my quad bike?? I wish I'd had a video camera with me, because he can be rather awsome...and majestic, and..... a little bit frightening!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely take your video camera out when you're with the bison. Would love to see moments like that :-)

    ReplyDelete

Wallace's welcome feedback from you!